Abdomenal Depression (Mantham)
1. Veliparuthi (Dalmia Extella) juice .15 drops to be mixed with one teaspoon full of castor oil and can be given in the morning.
2. Nochi (Viltex nigunku), Nuna (Morinda tinctora) Poduthalai (Leppia Nodiflora) is taken in equal parts (5gms.) and 60 m1. of water and reduce 15 ml. by boiling can be given in one teaspoon full dose three times a day.
3. Take 50 ml. of water add 2 gms. of perumgayam (Ferula asafoetida) and dissolve it. Administer 3 teaspoon full of solution with 5 drops of oma thanner (distilled from carum rox burghianum) two times a day.
Anuria. (Neer Adaippu)
Grind cucumber (vellarikkai) seeds in tender coconut water. Three doses daily shall be given-1 teaspoon with 100-ml. coconut water.
1. Grind margosa leaf (veppilai) and turmeric (Manjal) into a paste and apply externally.
2. Grind banana flower into a paste and apply externally.
3. Rub the seed of date fruit (perichampazha kottai) with a few drops of water on a clean surface.
Apply the paste on boils near the eye or on eyelids (stye).
Take Kothamalli vithai (Coriander seeds) 10 gms. Chandanam (Sandalwood Powder) 10 gms. NelliVatral (Dry form of Indian Goose berry) 10 gms. Add sufficient quantity of water and boiled reduced onefourth.
Dose: One oz. twice daily.
Bronchial Asthma-( Iraippu – Erumal)
(a) Keep 100 gms. of wheat in a mud pot, pour VEL ERUKKUNPAL (Milk of Clotrpin gigantiea- White) and leave for a day and dry the same on next day, then fry and powdered it, administer a pinch from this, rolling with this in a betal leaf. No diet restriction.
(b) Combine 2 Nanjaruppan (Tyolophore Indica leaf and two numbers of milagu (Pepper) and a piece of Chukku (Dry ginger) to be taken in the morning along with milk.
(c) Dried Oomathai flower (Datura alba) and make it as a cigar then Smoke.
Burning – Sensation in – Soles
Grind henna leaves (Marudhani) with the juice of bottle gourd (surakkai) or limejuice and apply on soles.
Buring sensation of the Eyes
(a) Grind Maruthondri leaf (Lawsonia alba) and bandage it in the foot.
If this is done during small pox infection the ailment will not affect the eyes.
(b) Add breast milk with castor oil and instill two drops in the eyes.
(a) Sarbhagandha choornam (the powder form of Roulphia serpentina) of 500 mg. to be taken two times aday.
(b) Avarai Pinju (Dolichos Lablab) can be taken as a diet.
Take Nenmjil (small Caltropal) 10 gms. Neermulli (Hygrophilla spinosa) 10 gms. Surai Vithu (Seeds of bottle-Gurd) 10 gms. and powdered them coarsely and boiled with 250 ml. of water reduced l/4.
Dose: 60 ml. twice daily.
Burns and Scalds
1. Drop limewater in a continuous Dhara (Stream) over the area.
2. Drop juice of screw pine leaves (thazambu) in a continuous stream (Dhara) over the area.
Bites and stings
Dog Bite. - Grind bark and root of Sage leaved Alangium (Angola pattai) and take about 5 gramsevery day for 40 days with milk.
Cat Bite. - Rub antlers of deer in the juice of Acalypha herb (kuppaimeni) and apply it over the bite.
2. Rub asafoetida (perungayam) in Eclipta herb (karisalanganni) juice
and apply at the site of the bite.
Rat Bite. - Take 5-10 gms. of drumstick bark with cow's milk for three days in empty stomach in the morning. Take salt free diet, preferably rice with milk.
Scorpion Sting. – 1. Paste of tender leaves of pungai is mixed with buttermilk and poured in astream at the spot of bite.
2. Use solution of common salt as eye-drop.
3. Sprinkle turmeric powder on cinders and fumigate the stung site.
Spider Sting. - Grind leaves of sacred basil with fresh turmeric and apply on the site and also give internally.
Centipede Sting. - Mix some lime with saliva and apply externally.
Lizard Bite. - Grind equal quantity of indigo roots (Avuri) and Indian Sarasaparilla (nannari) Mix with juice of fresh turmeric and take internally. Each 5 grams with 1 teaspoon juice.
(a) Soak ten gms. Of dried Drakshai (Grapes) in water for some time and crush the Drakshai and take it at bed time.
(b) Take five-numbers of Seemai Athippazham (Country fig) at bed tiple.
(c) Take papaya fruit either with food or separately (except pregnant ladies).
(d).Soak 5 gms of Nilavarai leaves (Indian senna leaves) in 129 m1. of water for sometimes, and make itas a decoction (30 mI.) and filter it and take it at bed time.
(e). Take castor (amanakku) root decoction "with cow's milk and sugar in the morning in empty stomach-Each 50 ml.
(f). Grind castor root with some butter into fine paste, Apply a little on the tongue of infants to relieve constipation-1 gram.
Take one bit copper sulphate and rub on the com, there will be a bleeding.
To arrest the bleeding apply turmeric powder.
1. Take the decoction of Adathoda roots with some honey and powder of long pepper-50 ml. with 3 gramsand one teaspoon honey.
2. Ginger juice with honey is also a good remedy-Half teaspoon with one teaspoon honey.
3. Take about 250 mg. of chebulic myrobalan (Kadukkai) powder with some honey or equal quantity ofliquorice root powder (Athimadhuram). It cures cough with inflamed throat.
4. Leucus Leaf (tumbai) juice with honey is useful in whooping cough half teaspoonful with half-teaspoon honey.
(a) Take three leaves of Adathodai (ADATHODA V ASICA) cut them into small pieces, and put the piecesinto a vessel. add two teaspoon full of honey and fry the content until some pleasant smell comes. At that stage add the following coarsely powdered Athimathuram (Jamaica liquorice) 2 gms., Thippli (Piper longum) 1 gm.Thalisapathri (Flucourtia calaphracta) 1/2 gm., Chitharathai (galanga the lesser) 1/4 gm., then add 1/2 litre ofwater and boil, reduce to 60 ml.
Dose: 30 ml. two times a day.
(b) Take 250 ml. of water. Add the following drugs, Adathodai leaves (Adathoda Vasica) three numbers,Kandankathiri leaves (Solanum Xanthocarpum) five numbers. Thulasi (holy basil) leaves five numbers Thoothuvalai (Trilobatum) leaves ten numbers and 3 gms. of Athimathuram (Jamaica liquorice ) after roughlypowdering them boil and reduce into 60 ml.
Dose: 30 ml. two times a day with honey.
(c) 10gms. of the root of Thoothuvalai (Trilobatum), grind with Cow's milk and to be taken in the morning.
(d) Adathodai leaves juice 60 ml. (ADATHODA V ASICA), Finely powdered Milagu (pepper) 6 gms. Perungayam (asafoetida) 1 gm. mixed all and take in the morning and evening.
(e) For Chronic cough, it will give relief when 2 gms. of chooranam (powder) which is made out of equal quantity of Kadlikkai (Chebulic myrobolan, Ink nut) and "Thippli" (Piper longum) is administered in honey twice daily.
Diarrhoea during dentition
Two teaspoon full of grape juice to be administered twice a day
(a) Grind Kattu Seeragam (Vemonnia anthermintica) with lime juice and apply on the head).
(b) Take equal quantities of Kichilli Kizhangu (curcuma Zedoaria) manippungan Kai (seeds of sepaidus trifoliates) and Kasthuri Manjal (Curcuma aromatica) grinds with water and supply on the head and take bath.
Keep a piece of Athimathuram (Indian Liquorice) and two numbers of Milagu (Pepper) in the mouth and swallow the saliva.
(a) One Mangoosthan (Mango stain) fruit can be taken twice a day.
(b) Powdered the dried mango nut.
Dose: One teaspoonful with Buttermilk two times a day.
(c) Powder of Vetpalai seeds (Wrightiatimctoria).
Dose: One Teaspoonful with honey two times a day.
(d) Powdered the kadukkai thole (Rind of the Terminatia Chebula).
Dose: Two gms. with honey.
(e) Mathulampazhthole (rind of the Pomegranate) 10 gms.
Mangoosthan Pazha thole (rind of the Garcinia mango~than lOgms.
Lavangam (clove) 4 gms.
Kasakasa (opium poppy seeds) one teaspoonful.
Powder the above drugs coarsely and boil with the 250ml. of water and reduce to half and filter.
Dose: 30 ml. two times a day.
(/) Extract milk from half of a coconut, and mix 10 gms, of Kasukkatti (catechu) and administer two times a day.
1. Take the pulp of Bael fruit (bilva) along with some sugar to relieve Diarrhoeas accompanied by stomach ache-3 grams.
2. Mix equal volumes of yellow wood sorrel leaf (puliyarai) Juice and butter milk and boil. Add 3 gms of Ajowan (omam) powder. It cures diarrheas and dysentery-2 teaspoon.
3. Take powdered nut gall (masikkai) and mix with some honey 1 gram. Three doses will cure diarrhoes and dysentery in children.
4. Take Nutmeg (Jadikkai) and tender mango leaves in equal parts by weight and make decoction. This is to be given with honey 2 teaspoon.
5. Powder of nut grass tubers (korai Kizhangu) and Aswagand tubers (amukina kizhangu) in equal quantity is given with honey-l teaspoon.
6. Long pepper (arisitippili) ground with milk is to be given for three days to treat chronic dysentery-2 grams.
1. Boil drum stick bark juice with gingelly oil and allow to, cool when tolerably warm-Use as ear drops (4 drops).
2. Take yellowed leaves of Mudar (Erukkilai) and grind with ghee warm it and squeeze the warm juice into theear. (4 drops)
Emaciation and Weakness
Take 10 grams powder of Aswagant roots with some milk and sugar or with gingelly oil. Regular in take willremove fatigue and weakness and it is an anabolic.
1. Juice of Vaccopa herb (brammi ilai saru) along with some honey should be taken in epileptic fits-2teaspoons with 1 tea spoon honey.
2. Powder of sweet flag rhizome (Vasambu) with honey is also a good remedy. Cow's milk with cooked rice shall be given during treatment-3 grams and 1-teaspoon honey.
1. Take powdered coriander (daniya) or cardamom (elakkai) with tender coconut water-2 grams.
2. Give some quantity of coriander powder with rice washed water and sugar candy to cure morning sickness-5 grams in 50 ml.
(a) Take Thazhampoo (Pandanus adoratissimus) 1 add 12 litre of water and reduce 60 ml. by boiling and give it twice a day (or) this may be administered in Manappagu (syrup) form.
(b) Palm Jaggery 10 gms. and Seerakam (Cumin seeds) 10 grns boil this in a tumbler of water.
Dose: ½ oz. to 1 oz. two times a day.
For ordinary fever and intermittent fever the following decoction may be administered:
Take Nilavembu (Chiratta) leaves 15 gms. add 40 ml. of water boil and reduce to 50ml. and filter.
Dose: 50ml. 2 times or 3 times a day.
If fever is accompanied with body, 10 gms. of Arathai (Galanga the lesser), 2 gms of MILAGU (pepper) and 2 gms. of CHUKKU (Dry Ginger) may be added for the above preparation. But the quantity of water to beincreased proportionately.
If cough is present with fever 15 gms. of Adathodai Leaves (ADATHODA VASICA) may be added with thepreparation.
Fever with thirst
Boil 5 gms. of alpagoda pazham (Prunus communis) in 480 m1. of water, reduce to quarter, filter and administered with sugar, quantity sufficient at bed time .. It acts as a Laxative also
Fissure in the foot
Apply the milky juice from the Arasamaram (Peepul tree) on the fissures regularly.
Flatulance due to in-digestion
(a) Omam (Carcum Copticum) 35gms. Milgu (pepper) 35 gms. and fried. combine this with palm jaggery and grind.
Dose: Betal nut size, morning and evening.
(b) Poondu (Garlic) Milagu (Pepper) Karisalai leaf (Eclipta Alba) in equal parts. Grind and administer twice daily in betal nut size.
1. Give powder of carbonized peacock feathers (Mayil iragu) with some honey. Hiccup will stop immediately,One gram with 1-teaspoon honey.
2. Liquorice powder and long pepper powder in equal amount given with sugar will relieve hiccup-Each three grams.
Take Nellikai (Indian goose berry) juice 2 litres: Buffalo's milk, 2 litres; and gingelly oil I litre; boil up to thaila bagam and filter it, apply to the hair daily.
1. Grind cleaning nut (tetrankotai) in egg albumin and apply externally.
2. Boil emblic myrobalan (nellikai) in milk, grind with some ghee.
3. For running nose, head-ache, boil Nochi leaves (vitex nigunku) in the water and place red hot brick on it.The vapour is inhaled by covering the body with a blanket.
4. Juice of Thumbai flower (Leucus) 2 drops may be instilled in nostrils. which will produce sneezing, after which head-ache (due to cold) will be relieved.
5. Produce smoke by putting Omam (Carun copticum) Milagu (Pepper) Poondu thole (rind of the galic) in fire and in hale the same.
Inflammation of Buccal cavity
(a) ½ to 1 teaspoonful of Manathakkali (Solanun-rubrum) juice can be given twice a day.
(b) Athipal (Milky juice of country fig) may also be used.
Equal quantity of the whole plants of Keezha Nelli (phyllanthus niruri)and Karisalankanni (Eclipta Alba) to be grinded and mixed with goat's milk. Dose: 5 to 10 gms. Twice daily with buttermilk.
Note. - Salt free diet.
(a) Asok Pattai (Saraca Indica) 20 gms. is added with 200 m1. of water and reduce to 60 m1. by boiling.
(b) Avaram pattai (Bark of the cassia aruiculata) 20 gms. may also be used as above.
(c)Give fenugreek seeds (vendayam) cooked in the juice or decoction of asparagus (Thanneer Vittan) roots orin milk-2 teaspoon with 100 ml.
(a) Mix Kollu (Horse-gram) with water in the proportion of 1:10 boil and reduced.
Dose: 30 ml. two times a day.
(a) Slightly fried katta-manakku (Jairopha Carcus) leaves and bandage the same on the breast.
(b) Take Amman Pacharisi kalkamiGrinded from Euphorbia pilulifera) 10 gms. with milk twice a day.
(a) Juice of Asok bark (Saraca Indica) ground with Curd; ¼ to 1 teaspoonful may be given two times a day.
(b) Juice of Thennamboo (Coconut flower) may also be used.
(c) Athipinju (Country fig-tender) juice ½ to 1 oz. two times a day.
(d) Naval pattai juice (Bark of the Jambul) 50 ml; milk 50 m1. mixed both and take it twice daily for aperiod of ten days.
1. Grind emblic myrobalans and fry in a little ghee and apply the paste on top of the head. It is highly cooling and thereby stop nasal bleeding.
2. Use fine powder of mut galls as snuff once or twice.
3. Use finely powdered raw lac as snuff once or twice. This is a good remedy.
Grind 5 gms of Avuriverpattai (the root bark of Indico ferra) and 5 gms. of Milagu (Pepper) with water quantity sufficient and administer it twice daily.
Otorrhoea - Pus in the Ear
1. Put a little gum guful on cinders and let the aromatic fumes enter the ear.
2. Mix a little honey with jasmine leaf juice and use as eardrops -4 drops.
1. Take yellow orpiment powder (manosilai) and mix with some lime juice and apply.
2. Dissolve some salt in water and rub chebulic myrobalan in it on a rough clean surface and apply.
Datura Poisoning. – Give liberal quantity of milk with sugar.
Camphor Poisoning. - Give decoction of coriander (Dhaniya) in liberal quantities with some sugar.
Excess intake of oils. - Give decoction of gently fried ajowan (omam)--2 teaspoon.
Excess intake of lime. - Grind betalnut in water and give. Also administer liberal amount of ghee.
Marking Nut. - Decoction of Beleric Myrobalan (Tanrikkai) should be given internally; the paste of the same is to be applied externallyon the affected area. Internal Dose 30 ml.
Pain in the breast due to accumulation of milk
Mallikaipoo (Jasmine) or Veppilai (Neem) leaves may be bandaged on the breast.
(a) Take three numbers of Kadukkai (Terminalia chebula) ink nut and powder finely. Add three teaspoonful of castor oil and take it at bed time.
(b) Flesh of Nathai (Snail) may be cooked and take it.
(c) Green leaves of Thuththi (Abutilon indicum country mallow) may be cooked and taken. Raw green leaves may be grinded and applied externally for piles.
(d) Milagu one part (Pepper) Thippili 2 parts (piper 10nglll11): Chukku (Dry ginger) 3 parts: Kattu karunai Kizhangu (wild Amorphophalus 16 parts povvdered the above drugs nicely.
Dose: two teaspoonfuls twice daily with sugar.
(a) Take dried flowers of Avarai (cassia curi culatu), the tanner cassiae, I5 gms and prepared decoction withsufficient quantity of water.
Dose: 60 m1. Two times a day.
(b) Juice extracted from Kodippagal kai (Bitter gourd) and to be taken in doses of 1/2 oz. twice daily.
Premature ejaculations and nocturnal emissions.
1. Take sandal wood paste along with the juice of Asparagus roots (Thanneer Vittan) (5 grams with 50 ml.Juice).
2. Take equal amount of liquorice (athimathuram) and sandal wood powder with some honey. Take at bed time (Each 3 grams with 2 teaspoon).
1. Decoction of Mollugo herb (parpadakapul) 50 ml. relieves pyrexia.
2. Tinospora (Seenthilkodi) decoction with some black pepper powder will relieve chronic fevers-50 ml. and 3 grams.
3. Sacred basil leaf (tulasi) juice and Leucus (tumbai) leaf juice along with some black pepper powder willcure periodic fevers-two teaspoon and 3 grams.
Rat bite Poison
Take equal quantity of Erukkanpal (Dry milky juice of calatropis Gigantida and milagu(Pepper) finely powder.
Dose: 200 mg. with palm jaggery two times a day.
Note: Salt free diet is necessary.
Ringworm Infection(Padarthamarai )
Extract juice from the poods of Poovarasam (Thespesia piopulrea) and apply externally.
Scabies and itches
(a) Juice of Kuppaimeni leaves (Acalypha Indica) with common salt may be applied externally.
(b) Soak one part of karbogi Arisi (Psoralia corylifolia) in four parts of coconut oil and apply the oil externally for skin infection.
(c) Grind Arugampul (Cynodon daetylon) with a piece of Turmeric and apply externally for skin infection.
Take Athimathura pal (Extract of Indian liquorice) 1/4 to 1/2 oz. two times a day before meals.
1. Use long pepper powder with some glue for brushing cleaning the teeth.
2. Grind Fenugreek seeds (vendayam) with egg albumin into a fine paste and apply on the cheek (10 grams).
3. Gargle with ginger juice mixed with honey.
4. Gargle with a decoction of drumstick root juice and Mustard 100 ml (10 grams Mustard).
(a) Soak Seeragam (Cumin Seed) in the ime juice and dry. Then powder the Seeragam nicely.
Dose: 500 mg. two times a day with honey.
(b) Burn vasambu (acorus calams) until it becomes coal and powder.
Dose: 200 mg. with honey.
(c) Take equal quantity of juice of Mathulam Pazham (Pomegranate fniit) and cane sugar. Boil till it becomes asyrup. Administer one teaspoonful twice daily.
Five drops of Chandan Athar (Sandalwood oil)- to be taken with Peyan vazhaippazham (Plantain) twicedaily.
Worm Infestation – Children
Administer 5 gms. of finely powdered of Vaividangam (Embellia ribes) at bed time with milk.